Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome

Wow! It's 2010! It's hard to believe that we begin a new Gregorian year today. And with the New Year, I've decided to enter the blogging world! I enjoy writing and lead an interesting life, so I wanted to be able to share not only the everyday happens but the lessons that the Father is teaching me. My hope with this blog is to constantly point you back the Father and encourage you to grow more and more like him!

Why did I name it "In HaShem's Hand?" John 10:27-28 gives us the promise of "My sheep listen to my voice, I recognize them, they follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will absolutely never be destroyed, and no one will snatch them from my hands." That is one of my favorite verses reminding me that even though the storms of life buffet me, I am safe in the Father's Hand. The other piece is what do we call the Heavenly Father? I grew up knowing Him as "God." As we have began to understand more and more of our Hebrew Roots, I have come to understand his real name is YHVH. However, since Hebrew scrolls do not have the vowels in them, it could be prounced as Yahweh, Yahuah, and a few other variations. I really like Mike Clayton's ministry and the conclusion that he has come to of HaShem (Hebrew for "The Name") which is a very respectful and commonly used name or title in Judaism...so I concluded that "In HaShem's Hand" would be the title of my blog.

What does this new year find me doing? Well, I have had this past week off from my work with Crown Financial Ministries which has been a nice end of the year break. I have enjoyed spending more time with my family, cooking with my mom (we made applesauce muffins and even tried marshmallows - more on our cooking in a later post!), working on Eddie's website (I'm working with Eddie Chumney a well known Messianic speaker on redesigning his website), and so much more. It's been a busy fun week! We've also made more mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Having a dairy cow producing about 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of milk a day will keep you on your toes! Our family farm - Restorahtion Farms - is home to Maggie the dairy cow, Max her bull calf (don't ask what he'll become next year unless you really want to know), Halleh a miniature Jersey heifer (she's 6 months old right now), 24 laying hens, 3 roosters, and my 2 cats plus the 3 humans - my mom, my dad, and myself. All on just under 6 acres. Add to that the cold and snow during the winter, and I know that my dad just loves getting up in the morning to take care of the animals (did you detect a bit of humor in that statement?)!

Well, lunch is certainly smelling good. My sweet daddy lovingly kicked my mom out of the kitchen and told us both don't peak...he's in charge of lunch. The smells and the hint of needing one pound of hamburger make me very hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment