Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm Dreaming of Snow Cream

We are certainly getting the snow here today. They have been calling for 2 to 4 inches...and I think we'll reach that without any trouble. Thankfully, I'm nice and warm inside. The good thing is that we'll hopefully be able to have our first snow cream of the year tonight. Am I making you hungry?

Yesterday, I had a Money Map Coaching Appointment. I still serve as a volunteer Money Map Coach with Crown where I meet with various people to help them understand their finances on a one on one basis, what the Bible teaches about it, and how to establish a plan to acheive true financial freedom. You can ask me questions here on the blog if you'd like, or you can chat for free with an Online Money Map Coach by clicking here. We all need to take that next step with our finances...and the new year is a great time to do so.

Then yesterday afternoon, we had a family care meeting at the Assisted Living where my grandparents live. They are both 85. I call them Nana and Gaga. Nana is a in a wheelchair due to a bad hip and not being a canidate for a hip replacement. She does well though. Gaga has alzheimer's which is a very difficult disease to understand and deal with. I will share more about my feelings and the transitions our family has had to deal with on that in a later entry. The meeting went well...we are hoping to get my grandparents more active in activities as they haven't been as active lately. While overall the Assisted Living has been good to work with, you as the family have to stay on top of them to make sure they receive top quality care. Even though my grandparents have aides and nurses helping them, we as the family are THEIR ADVOCATES! If you don't speak up, they don't know. So we constantly are checking to make sure they receive quality care, their medications, and such. After all, they are our family, and we want to take care of them.

Do have elderly in your family? Are you involved in their care? What are your thoughts on the subject of elder care in our country?

Today has been a busy but good day at work...I've gotten a lot done. Doesn't that always make you feel good? Our ITs are working on updating some sites that we use internally, and we got good news today that the updates will be completed soon! Well, got a few more things to wrap up before the day's end. So hopefully, you don't get too buried in snow!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment