Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Week

Wow! It's hard to believe it's already Tuesday...and a new week is flying by.

On Shabbat, our family enjoyed having our assistant congregational leader and his wife here for the day. As I call them, Uncle Mark and Aunt Debbie, are sweethearts. We enjoyed lunch together of Chicken Quesadillas, Cinnamon Apples (just like Cracker Barrel has), and Cole Slaw. Then we topped it off with Snow Cream. :) After fellowshipping, talking, midrashing, and fellowshipping some more, we had popcorn and cheese & crackers for supper. That's not counting the multiple kosher marshmallows and homemade peppermint patties that we got into in-between.

Sunday was a busy day. I got quite a bit of work done in the morning while Mommy and Daddy ran their paper route, then Mommy and I ran ours after lunch. That afternoon, I finished up the work I needed to do as well as worked some on Eddie's website. Please pray for us as we work to finish that up and go live soon! And finally, I enjoyed talking to my closest girlfriend, Ellie, that night.

Monday, we spent most of the day with Nana and Gaga. We did their laundry in the morning and then ate lunch with them. It was a nice relaxing time. After getting home, I snuck a couple of hours of work in before heading out to teach my cake decorating class. It is a nice sized class with 8 in it. Two decided not to continue with the class...that will sometime happen after the first night of class as sometimes the cost is a little more than people can go at this time. I prefer classes with about 8 to 10 in them as it is not too many to be stressful but enough to keep me on my toes. As they say, the perfect balance. A lot of them are already talking about going on to Course 2. I also learned that one of my students is a Seventh Day Adventist, so we were able to talk about keeping Sabbath. People who are SDA keep the Seventh Day Sabbath, but they don't keep the Biblical Festivals. I would be interested in understanding the reasoning behind that...keeping part of the Torah but not all. So that sounds like a study project I just gave myself.

Today, I was going to meet Mark (a fellow Crown Volunteer) for lunch, but the car wouldn't crank. Since the van I was driving has a wheelchair lift in it, it also has a secondary battery. That wouldn't work either...so we called AAA. Due to the delay in timing, Mark and I had to reschedule for Friday. :( But we're both looking forward to it. When the person from AAA got here, they said the battery was deader than dead and to leave the car idling for 30 minutes which I did. Tonight, I have a Money Map Coaching Appointment, but I'll be able to use Hodu (Hebrew for Give Thanks) which is our pickup truck. I do love the manuverablity of the Honda Ridgeline...plus driving a truck! :)

I'm planning on picking a topic for study/discussion on the blog each week as well as my normal weekly events and thoughts. Do you have a topic that you'd like to discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment