Sunday, January 5, 2014

Plans Changed

While I may plan my week, the Lord orders my steps.  My family had planned to go to a conference in Nashville, Tennesse; I was looking forward to the fellowship and seeing two of my closest friends there!  However, we received 4 inches of snow the day we were to leave and even went on Snow Emergency Levels where I live.  For those of you not from the North, Snow Emergency Levels mean the sheriff's office is telling you the roads are dangerous...please stay off them!  So, I had to give up my own desires and trust Yahweh. 

By Shabbat the roads were improved enough that we were able to have friends over to enjoy the day with us which I greatly enjoyed.  We had a good midrash on the weekly Torah Portion and enjoyed some great fellowship.  Later today, we are supposed to get another 3-8 inches of snow!  The snow is pretty; however, I must admit, I am ready for Spring and warmer weather.  Oh well, while the snow is here, we may as well enjoy it.  Hopefully, we can have some snow cream (ice cream made from snow).  Also, all of the young adults are planning to go snow tubing later this month which promises to be fun. 

Registrations are coming in very steadily for Purify 2014 - Retreat for Hebrew Roots in Ohio.  Are you planning to join us?  Check out www.purify2014.com.  Also, for our West Coast friends, be sure to check out Purify West Coast in Oregon at www.purifywestcoast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment