Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Will Soon Be Here!

Last week was my off week which I truly appreciated.  I completed my Nutritional Health and Healing Course, turned in my test, and was thrilled to get a good grade back!  :)  Wednesday, Daddy took me on a Daddy Daughter Date.  He likes to take that time to spend with me, make sure I am doing good emotionally, and to teach me how my future husband one day should treat me.  We went out to eat at Smokey Bones and had BBQ Beef Sandwiches - yum!  Then on Thursday, we had Thanksgiving with Gaga (my grandfather) at the nursing home with him.  It was our first family Thanksgiving dinner with him at Columbus Alzheimer’s Care Center.  The meal was delicious!!!  We had turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, dinner roll, and desert! 

This week, I had my two cleaning jobs on Monday and Tuesday instead of my normal Tuesday and Thursday with Thanksgiving being on Thursday.  I had to work extra hard to keep up with my school work as a result, but overall, I've done pretty well at keeping up with it.  One more lesson to get in on my ND (Naturopathic Doctor) studies and a couple more on my counseling course which is my minor.  It will get done. 

We are having company over for Thanksgiving tomorrow which we are looking forward to.  Momma's got the turkey ready and waiting in the fridge to go in the oven first thing in the morning.  The stuffing ingredients are prepared as well.  I made the pumpkin pie tonight.  Momma made the cranberry sauce earlier.  That just leaves the Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, and Apple Banana Salad...yum! 

Plus today, I got to talk with one of my good girl friends, Laura.  We had a wonderful much needed girl talk.  I also worked with some good friends today on various ministry projects which I enjoyed.  Friends are a true blessing from Yahweh!  One thing for sure on my thankful list. 

Well, I will close now wishing everyone a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment