Friday, November 23, 2012

Shabbat is here!!!

Well, Shabbat is here.  What a blessing each week it is to enter into our Messiah's rest which He provides us each week. All we have to do is obey and enjoy! 

We enjoyed a nice and restful Thanksgiving yesterday.  A family that we are friend with came down for the day from Holmes County area.  We feasted on turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, apple banana salad, pumpkin pie, and whipped cream.  Yum!  And double yum! 

Then last night, we did some Black Friday shopping...yes, we braved the stores...well, just one.  Walmart had a really nice 16 megapixel camera on sale for only $69.  My camera's battery clip had broken, so I was in need of a new one.  My previous one had lasted 7 1/2 years, so I was pretty happy.  The new one was really nice - a pretty silver color too.  We got to Walmart about 9:50pm for their 10pm specials which is when the camera went on sale.  We got a good position near the camera display...then when they ripped the display open, I dove in for one while Daddy guarded my back.  :)  I was able to get that plus the camera case I wanted.  I was wanting to get a memory card, and a lady overheard me talking about it.  While I was waiting for the camera, she went and brought one back to me!  That was so kind of her...she was a fellow shopper.  We quickly headed for the registers and were all checked out by 10:05 pm!!!  How's that for some successful Black Friday shopping?!  Then, today, we went up to Tractor Supply for our annual supply of water softener salt.  They always put it on the best sale today, and we buy a pallet load.  It's fun to watch all the trucks lined up to have the pallets put in their beds. 

And this afternoon found me studying, working on a few things for Purify 2013, and getting ready for Shabbat.  So now, I will wish you a wonderful Shabbat!

No comments:

Post a Comment