Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ponderings...

This past week was my busy week with two days being gone for my bi-weekly cleaning jobs.  While I enjoy them very much, it is a much busier week compared to my off weeks as I'm carrying the same school load whether or not I'm off cleaning.  That means I tend to do more studying in the evenings and possibly trying to double up on my off days.  It just makes me appreciate my off week that much more!  My off week is the week that I am able to work on articles for the ministry as well as other enjoyable things...plan time with friends...go shopping for fun...  :) 

I stopped by and saw my grandfather on my way home from work on Tuesday.  It was a harder time seeing him that normal.  I was greeted with the question of "Do you know where your grandmother is?"  I had to remind him that she had passed away over a year ago.  Alzheimer's is a very cruel disease!  The person is alive...yet not in so many ways.  I walked out about in tears.  It does make you appreciate the fragility of life and enjoy every moment of life. 

I've got a couple of exciting projects I'm working on which I cannot wait to share with you soon!  Until then, I will leave you in suspense...!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jocelin!
    I certainly enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your life! It's neat to see how much we have in common.
    My mom and I have a dear friend who has Alzheimer's. It is so very sad to watch the decline. I'm sorry you have to go through with that with your grandfather.
    You have me in suspense about your projects!
    Love,
    Kelsey (from Camp!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey,

    I am so glad you follow my blog. I hope it is an encouragement too. Life can be hard at time, and only by Yahweh's strength do we make it! My big project I was working on is Purify 2013 - Retreat for Hebrew Roots Singles. www.purify2013.com. I am really looking forward to seeing a gathering of Torah Observant Singles. It would be great if you could make it. Hope you are doing well.

    Love,
    Jocelin

    ReplyDelete