Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow!  It is hard to believe it is really a new Gregorian Year - 2013.  I have to stop and think twice when writing the date as I adapt to the new year.  I'm excited to see what Yahweh has in store for this year.  I pray it is a better year than this past one.  While I appreciate all the victories...there were definately some rough spots! 

This week was my busy week with my cleaning jobs, a full school load, work on Purify 2013, and making sure the family needs were met.  I'm glad Shabbat is almost here.  A great treat was Wednesday when my sweet "bestie" and "sissy", Nicole, was able to spend the night.  We enjoyed getting to relax and chatter away! 

Tomorrow is our Shabbat gathering which I always look forward to, and it looks like we'll have a house full to start the new year off right. 

I've been reading this good book by Chip Ingram, and I really liked this quote on relationships particularly the relationship that leads to marriage "Imitating God means that in relationships we are to be kind, tenderhearted, empathetic, discerning, willing to make allowance for people's mistakes, and consistently forgiving."  I thought about how this means our relationships are based on reality...no "rose colored glasses."  We see people for who they are, and we are who we are.  We are genuine...and we accept them as they are, choosing to making allowance for their mistakes and consistently forgiving.  We do not ignore the mistakes, but rather make a choice.  How much healthier would our relationships be if based them all on this concept?  Something to mull over during the Shabbat!

1 comment:

  1. So true! I'll be mulling over that, too, this shabbat. thanks, Jocelin!

    ReplyDelete