Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and More...

Well, Hurricane Sandy has come to visit.  Thankfully being in Ohio, we were not in the coastal area which got so hard hit.  We had about 200,000 up near the Great Lake lose power, but only about 5,000 in the Columbus area.  So far, we still have power - Praise Yahweh!  None of the animals have wanted to go outside today as it has been this awful mix of rain, snow, and sleet with high winds.  We have enjoyed being inside by the woodstove which we fired up for the first time this morning.  And some hot tea too! 

This past weekend, my parents got to get away for the first time just as couple in a long time.  I hope it was a refreshing time for them...  With me being an only child and us being a close family, we mostly do things as a family, but this was good for them.  I stayed home, and my friend, Nicole, came and spent the weekend with me.  We enjoyed relaxing, talking, watching a couple of movies (Flywheel by Sherwood Baptist Church and Sense and Sensability a Jane Austin movie).  We even went out for pizza after Shabbat!  That was a fun treat. Our neighbor down the road milked the cow for us as I haven't been really involved in the care of the cow ever since I got gored by our steer 2 years ago.  That steer is in the freezor; however, I just haven't gotten back in the routine of going out and helping.  We had a good weekend, and everyone was refreshed.  :) 

Then, this week so far, I've been getting all my schoolwork done on schedule which makes me a happy camper!  As well as other items on my to do list.  Well, I will close now and finish up the last few things before enjoying some family time tonight. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice!! I love Sense and Sensibility! Praise Yah! We are praying for those who were affected by Sandy. My sister lives in the heart of NYC, so its scarier when it hits close to home.

    ReplyDelete