Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring - Where Art Thou?

Spring - I'm ready for warmer weather...but we still have about 8" of snow on the ground. Thankfully, the forecast is for 40s over the weekend and even some 50s next week! Spring here I come! :)

Spring also means Passover! We are beginning the process of fully cleaning out the house. Under the beds, straightening all the bookshelves, cleaning the fans and windows, all those special not every week items are on the list to be done before Passover. We are planning, Yah willing, to celebrate Passover with our congregation - Beit Yacov. That is always a special time to be together. The lamb is ok...but if I've got to eat lamb, "Aunt" Debbie prepares it well...I'm just not a big lamb fan. Also, Passover is a good time to spiritually clean house. What habits do I need to change? Are there any areas of my life I need to repent and change? How am I doing in the area of spiritual growth?

Sunday, we were able to finally take Gaga to see Nana. He hadn't been able to go all week with him having bronchitis. Thankfully, he is feeling much better, and they were so glad to be able to spend time together again. Even after 65 years, they are still two love birds. They just enjoy sitting and holding hands. I stayed with them for a while. At one point, I had gone out and was talking with the nurse about how Nana was doing. When I came back in, they were playing cards. They love to play UNO, but all they had there was a regular deck of cards. So they figured how to play UNO with those cards. That was so sweet to watch.

Monday was a busy day at work, spent some time with Nana, and then taught the last night of Course 2 Cake Decorating Class. I really enjoy that, and the students do so well. Now today, I've stayed quite busy at work, but a lot is getting done so that always makes me a happy camper. Plus Momma fixed a delicious lunch today - Beef Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans along with homemade gherkin pickles. Yummy! I made the mashed potatoes, and Momma said that they were the "best"! It is always pleasing when you make something and everyone likes it.

Well, it's off to work again I go now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment