Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sukkot was Amazing...Sukkot was Amazing...Sukkot was Amazing!!!!

Sukkot was absolutely amazing! I've been to 4 Sukkots including this year, and this one was the best of them all. It began by friends of ours coming up from Georgia on Tuesday. It was nice to be able to spend time with them. Then on Wednesday, Daria who is like an aunt to me came.

Thursday was when it all really began. We were busy getting the Turkey cooked for our Thanksgiving dinner which was our traditional opening meal. Then Daddy went to pick Richard Rives (our speaker) up from the airport. We really enjoyed having Richard here. He is a quiet and humble man with a huge heart for serving YHVH. You can check out his work at www.toolong.com.

We got all the food cooked and ready...then we all headed over to the Township Hall which we had set up earlier in the day. We fed 28 people at supper. Then we had a community wide event with Richard speaking on Biblical Archeology and the Biblical Covenant. We had 46 people in attendance for that. Jacob (who is 16 and my younger "brother") was there with his family. They had been planning to Sukkot with us; however, due to some health issues, they weren't going to be able to. Jacob and I were both very disappointed. We were washing dishes and discussing that. He told me, "I tried to talk my mom into letting me come up and camp that week, but she wasn't sure about me inviting myself." I told him, "I talked to my mom about you coming up for the week, but she wasn't sure how comfortable your mom would be about that." So we went to his parents together, and by the end of the night, it was planned that they would come up on Monday as a family and leave Jacob to stay until Thursday! Then we would later get it extended to Friday...then Shabbat. It was wonderful having him here. We had so much fun!

Anyway back to the chronology. Richard spoke on Friday and Saturday sharing about his archeology digs including finding Noah's Ark! He also explained the pagan origins of much of mainstream Christianity and how we need to return to the Truth of the Scriptures. It was very good! Plus I'll be working with Richard on a project called Commandment Keepers. More will be coming about that soon. Daddy took Richard back to the airport early Sunday morning for him to be able to return home, get his family, and head to speak at 3 more Sukkots!


Sunday was a relaxing more laid back day as we were all tired out after the busy weekend. We also lost our weekend folks and were down to our core group which was 14 of us. We had over doubled our core group from last year's Sukkot as well as tripled our weekend group. My chiropractor came and spoke on Living Well for the First 100 Years that afternoon.

Then on Monday morning, our toilet got stopped up. When Daddy went to plunge it, Daria saw water coming out of our laundry room. It was backing up our emergency drain in there. We called the plumber who told us what to check to determine if it was a plumbing line issue or a septic tank issue. It turned out to be the septic tank was full, so we needed to have it pumped. We called the company that our regular plumber recommended. We explained that we were hosting Sukkot with a house full of people, and they came in 1 hour to pump us out! So we were barely without a bathroom. Plus everyone pitched in to help us get cleaned up. It made a large job very manageable.

That afternoon, Mike taught a class on Introduction to Essential Oils. Jacob's family got here soon after lunch and joined us for the class. Then that night, we enjoyed being out around the campfire and fellowshipping. I also taught my first ever Davidic Dance Class. It went really well, and I was very pleased. I taught Old Friend and Dance with Me in this class after explaining the basic steps. Later in the week, Jacob and I would learn how to do the couples version of Dance with Me in order to show and explain to the dance class. It was nice to have my brother do it with me, and we got it down really quick. I'd have to say that is one of my crowning dance achievements. :)


Tuesday, Mike led the morning and afternoon sessions. Then he and Elaine (who are from GA) had to head on towards home due to them moving the end of this month. That evening, Daddy led the midrash on Nehemiah's Wall, and we watched Facing the Giants. Wednesday, Paul led our morning and evening midrashes. We did dance class that afternoon as we had been doing it each afternoon. Thursday morning, we had our breakfast brunch of eggs, hash browns, pancakes, fruit, turkey bacon, and cinnamon rolls. Boy was I full after that. Then Paul and Tamara had to head on home. They have animals and were only able to get animal care through that day. We did an evening midrash. Then we got down to my family, Daria, Jacob, and Joseph. Jacob's family would be coming on Shabbat...so we enjoyed just being "family." Daria also went and got her grandkids to come out and visit. Ashley and Matthew seemed to really take to Jacob and I. We got to be the "big sister and brother" to them. I really enjoyed them! Friday afternoon, Daddy led a midrash on "Are you sitting on your trunk - A Study of Rachel?" which was very good. Then Shabbat evening, Joseph headed for home. And after that Jacob and his family left. I was really sad by now. It was too quiet in the house! Daria and her grandkids stayed a bit longer and left Sunday after lunch. Then it was back to us. That was nice yet sad at the same time.

Now, I've begun the countdown to the next Shabbat Gathering, planning a youth/young adult outing, Passover, Shavuot, Camp Yeshua, and next Sukkot!!! :)

You can see pictures at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2354569377588.130923.1050784025&type=1&l=8c13a693d3.

1 comment:

  1. :) Hey, Jocelin! Glad your Sukkot was great! Visit me at http://buildingmysukkah.wordpress.com/ =D

    ReplyDelete