Saturday, August 6, 2011

Life with Bronchitis

Well, I got home from Camp Yeshua in the wee hours of Saturday morning. My parents graciously picked us up at 1:30am! We had planned to be home right after Sunset Friday evening; however, our plane was delayed by three hours on top of our already long 3 hour layover. So Nicole and I ended up spending 6 hours in the St. Louis airport! At least, I had good company. :)

After getting home, we enjoyed some blissful rest, and then a wonderful relaxing Shabbat. I don't think I quit talking as I enjoyed telling Mommy and Daddy about Camp Yeshua so much. We also went up to see Nana and Gaga for a while which I greatly enjoyed as I had missed all my family while I was gone.

Then Sunday morning, I woke up not feeling so well. By that afternoon, we could certainly tell that I was coming down with something. I assumed it was a reaction to all the dust exposure we had at Camp Yeshua. Each evening when we enjoyed Starlight Dancing, we ended up kicking up a large red dust cloud due to the dryness caused by a 6 week drought there in Oklahoma. I continued to treat it as a reaction to that until Wednesday when it had become full blown bronchitis! And it lasted me a full 2 weeks...2 weeks of being sick is no fun! Nicole also came down with it...she shared it with her stepmom and grandma...I shared it with my dad. I don't think any of them appreciated our generosity.

I did have a chance to talk with a nurse and a massage therapist who confirmed that it was due to the high level of dust exposure which then inflamed the bronchi in my lungs and created the issue. Nicole and I then passed it on. I'm finally feeling better. I'm not contagious and no longer feel most of the symptoms. I just have that annoying lingering cough. As soon as I can get rid of it, then I'll finally have all my energy back. So my life has been filled with tissues, cough drops, and natural remedies these past few weeks along with the inability to talk due to the coughing. I'm just glad to be reclaiming life now and back to normal. The last few days I've been able to resume my normal work schedule and am looking forward to resuming my other regular activities this week including blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment