Friday, July 22, 2011

A Fair Maiden

A fair maiden lives in each girl's heart.
She wants her "knight in shining armor" to find her.
But what doth she do with her time?
Does she while it away as she waits?
Does she chase the guys?

A pure fair maiden waits with her eyes on her Savior.
She hides her heart in the Messiah.
She wants a man who reflects the love of the Messiah.
While she longs for a knight, she ones a pure knight
And thereby keeps herself pure.

Each of us as young women want a young man; however, we must learn contentment and love from our Messiah, Yeshua. If we cannot be content before we are married, we cannot expect to be content after we are married. Our single years are meant to be preparation years for us and our lives as married women. We need to learn to serve our families, congregation, and others. We need to learn to balance good and best as well as eliminate all evil and baggage from our lives. This is where purity in speech, dress, and mannerisms is learned.

It is also where we learn to give our expectations to YHVH. I used to think "I want a guy who is 2 years older than me, 2 inches taller than me, with brown or blond hair, with blue eyes, definitely not red hair, and a homeschooler." Now, I have thrown many of those ideas out the window! It honestly doesn't matter to me if he is younger than me or older...I want the man YHVH has for me who is pure and mature in HIM. If he is younger, so be it. If he is older, so be it. I want the man YHVH has for me no matter his description. I have learned to not put YHVH in a box.

I'm also learning surrender and trust. When I notice a young man that catches my attention, I tell the Lord "YHVH I noticed so and so. He is created in your image. You know that I noticed Him; however, I'm giving it all back to You and trusting you with the future." Then I go back to sleep and trust YHVH. Sometimes it takes multiple times of surrender. I'm a healthy girl who wants to get married after all! But I want to save my heart and love for my future husband...it belongs to NO ONE else!

So are you seeking to be a fair maiden with a pure heart hidden in YHVH? Let us encourage each other to keep on as pure fair maidens!

1 comment:

  1. I'm no fair maiden, but I can attest to the value of the character of such a lady as portrayed in this post.

    I met my fair maiden 18 years ago at the Feast of Tabernacles in Morrow Bay, CA. I'd been looking for the right person for many years. During that Feast week I concluded I'd finally found "that one".

    It took 5 years for Charlotte to decide I too was right for her. That, and 13+ years of marriage, proves the validity of all the author sadi here.

    Shalom Aleichem

    ReplyDelete