Saturday, April 24, 2010

Crown Director's Training

This week, I traveled to St. Louis, Missouri for Director's Training with Crown. After picking up the rental car (it was less expensive to rent a car and expense that along with the gas, than mileage on my car), we headed out. It was about 7 hours drive time. Daddy and I both drove...so that was nice. :) I did manage to spot the St. Louis Arch not far out from St. Louis. We were crossing into Missouri on I-270, so we were a few miles north of the Arch. After arriving at the hotel and checking in, we headed to bed for an early night knowing that it was going to be a busy week.

My boss, John, and I met up in the morning for breakfast with quite a few other "Crownies" as we jokingly call ourselves. It was great to begin fellowshipping and to see what had been happening in each of our areas of responsibility. Sid and Donna Ward, Kim Rommereim, and I went out to lunch together before heading to the church where our training was being held. One of the first things at Director's Training was the celebration of staff changes...one of them being that I was now officially the Money Map Coach Manager! I'm really excited about moving the Money Map Coaching Program forward. Some of my goals include correcting current "stucks" as well as implementing new items and training to really help the coaches.

We were in training the rest of the day Tuesday as well as all day Wednesday and through Thursday lunch. We did take time out to eat as well as fellowship. Here are Kim and I together when the group went to Dave and Busters for dinner on Wednesday...


After dinner Wednesday, Sid and Donna Ward and I went for a walk and talked...but we spotted these adorable geese - Momma, Daddy, and 7 babies!


Joanna Royal is close to my age, and she I enjoyed getting a better chance to interact.


And on our way home, we stopped by Cabala's for Daddy to do an exchange. He and Momma had gone there on Wednesday while I was at the conference. My poor sweet Momma was in Cabala's with my Daddy for 2+ hours! But we did find this cute turtle swimming in one of the displays.


I especially enjoyed our car time giving us good family talk time. I also got to drive over half the way home. :) It is good to be home sweet home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment